Contact: Cheryl Balbach
HWH Public Relations
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CASIO ANNOUNCES THE 7 MEGAPIXEL EXILIM PRO EX-P700
WITH 4X OPTICAL ZOOM
New Top-of-the-Line EXILIM Model Offers Enthusiasts And Casual
Picture-Takers Superior Portability, High-Resolution, and High-Speed Shooting
DOVER, NJ, November 10, 2004 – Casio, Inc., in conjunction with its parent company, Casio Computer Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan announces the addition of the EXILIM PRO EX-P700 to the award-winning EXILIM series of digital cameras. The EX-P700 has an ultra high resolution 7.2 million megapixel CCD with 4X optical zoom, and an ultra-fast 0.01 second release time lag (with flash off, focus locked). This remarkable high-performance, high-resolution compact camera offers the operating ease users have come to expect from Casio's EXILIM CARD, ZOOM and PRO ranges of compact cameras. The EX-P700 will be available in January 2005, MSRP $599.99.
Following in the footsteps of the award-winning EX-P600, the EX-P700 offers an even more impressive, flexible package. The EX-P700 features a 4X optical zoom (coupled with 4X digital zoom), combined with a large 2.0-inch LCD screen, offering users even more performance from the same body size. With its amazing 7.2 million megapixel CCD and fast-response design, this high-end digital camera assures a new level of imaging capability. Its full array of functions and features, such as the Business Shot function that straightens distorted pictures automatically, also raise the bar one notch higher in terms of usability.
"Casio's new EX-P700 digital truly closes the performance and usability gap between conventional compact cameras and full-sized models. Enthusiasts and casual picture-takers alike can now enjoy the superior portability of an EXILIM camera with the breathtaking high-resolution images usually afforded by much more expensive, professional-type models," said John Clough, president of Casio Inc. "The EX-P700 represents the best of both worlds in the realm of digital photography."
| || || |
EXILIM PRO EX-P700 MAIN FEATURES
Ultra high-resolution 7.2 million pixel CCD with 4X optical zoom
The stylishly designed stainless steel body houses an ultra high-resolution 7.2 million-pixel CCD imaging element and high-performance Canon 4X optical zoom lens to deliver photo quality on par with professional-type digital cameras.
Comprehensive high-speed design
Thorough attention to faster response throughout the operation cycle in all areas of design has resulted in a start-up time of approximately 2.0 seconds and a 0.01 second release time lag. The EX-P700 also features a high speed continuous shooting function that can take 3 photos per second up to 5 photos.
New high-performance functions
- Flash Assist -- Operates during flash photography to compensate for underexposure in areas which are not reached by flash
- Auto Macro -- Automatically switches between Macro mode and AF mode
- Business Shot -- Business Shot function compensates for photos taken at an angle and records them as though taken from straight ahead
- Icon Help -- Uses pop-ups to guide the user during the switching of settings
Advanced imaging features
- Auto Bracketing -- Exposure, white balance and focus position are quickly set with a single press of the shutter. In addition, the multi-bracketing feature enables a variety of shots with different color effects to be taken in combination with the rapid shooting function.
- Quick Response -- Manual shooting is made easier with the large 2.0" high-definition TFT LCD screen, which clearly displays all necessary information about shooting and effects. Manual settings can be easily changed on-screen for quicker shooting.
EXILIM PRO EX-P700 GENERAL FEATURES
- Advanced image noise reduction processing for improved image quality, especially when shooting at night.
- Built-in speaker for voice recording and audio snapshot playback, as well as movies with audio.
- High-speed startup – the camera is ready to shoot about 2.0 seconds after power is turned on (with flash off).
- A release time lag of only 0.01 second. The image starts to be recorded virtually as soon as the shutter is pressed.
- Multi-Auto Focus for automatic selection of the optimum focus point location from a 7 point multi-focus area. Free Auto Focus area switching for selecting your own desired focus point location.
- Manual Assist gives a sample picture of the effect of changes in the manual settings.
- High-speed playback scrolls at 0.1 second per image for faster and easier image searches.
- Large 2.0-inch TFT LCD scratch-resistant acrylic panel monitor.
- EX-FINDER graphically displays the picture information via the LCD display.
- RGB Histogram creates a histogram in red, green, or blue separately for the optimum picture balance.
- The Best Shot Mode accesses 27 camera setups in an instant. Simply select a sample scene similar to the image you want, and exposure compensation, white balance, and other settings are configured automatically.
- Select the Bulb Photography mode, which takes a continuous exposure, and use the included remote control to take perfect pictures without the blurriness.
- Synchro-terminal enables the connection of an external flash device.
- Full-month calendar screen shows a thumbnail of the first image recorded on each date.
- Slide Show function lets you enjoy a picture show right on the camera's LCD display.
- The Alarm function sounds an alarm and displays a specified image at a preset time. A voice message can also be selected to play back at the alarm time.
- World Time lets you select one of 162 cities in 32 time zones around the world as your home time. When traveling to another time zone, simply select the applicable city, and time and date settings are adjusted automatically.
- Triple Self-timer records three consecutive images, so you can select and keep the best one.
- The camera stores images in a Web browser-viewable format that allows you to browse images in an on-screen album.
- Internal 8.9MB flash memory, with a card slot that supports use of an SD memory card or MMC (memory card not included).
- Favorites folder lets you store your favorite or private images so they are not displayed during normal playback.
- Connects directly to PictBridge and USB DIRECT-PRINT* compatible printers.
- Complies with ExifPrint (Exif 2.2) and PRINT Image Matching
*For further information on "USB Direct-Print" compatible printers, please contact: Regional Epson Sales Companies.
|EXILIM PRO EX-P700 TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS|
|Recording Element: || ||1/1.8-inch square pixel primary color CCD (7.41 million total pixels; 7.2-million effective pixels)|
|File Record Format: || ||Snapshots: JPEG (Exif. Ver. 2.2), DCF standard, DPOF compliant |
Movies: AVI (Motion JPEG), Audio: WAV (Monaural)
|Recording Medium: || ||Built-in flash memory (approx. 8.9 MB recordable area), SD memory card/MMC compatible|
|Recorded Image Sizes: || ||Snapshots: 3072 X 2304 / 3072 X 2048 (3:2) / 2304 X 1728 / 1600 X 1200 / 1280 X 960 / 640 X 480 pixels|
Movies: 320 X 240 pixels
|Recorded File Sizes:|
Image size (pixels)
Built-in memory (8.9MB)
SD Memory Card
3072 x 2304
640 x 480
320 x 240
3 min. 20 sec.
4 hr. 20 min.
*-when using a Panasonic 64MB Card
**-limited only by the battery life and the available memory
| ||Fine / Normal / Economy / TIFF|
| ||Canon Lens (8 lenses in 7 groups, including aspherical lens) F2.8(W) to 4.0(T); f=7.1(W) to 28.4(T)mm (equivalent to approximately 33.0 to 132.0 mm when converted to 35mm film), lens barrier included|
|Zoom: || ||4X optical zoom; 4X digital zoom (16X total when optical and digital zooms are used in combination)|
|Focusing: || ||Phase differential sensor AF/ Contrast type AF (selectable between spot, 7-point multi, free AF area switching, continuous AF); macro mode; infinity mode; manual focus|
|Approximate Focus Range: || ||Normal: 1.3' to infinite; Macro: 3.9" x 19.7"|
|Exposure Control: || ||Metering: Multi-pattern by imaging element|
Control: program; aperture; shutter speed; manual exposure; AE lock
Exposure Compensation: -2EV to +2EV (in 1/3EV increments)
|Shutter: || ||CCD electronic / mechanical shutter; 60 to 1/2000 shutter speed (manual exposure); BULB|
|Aperture: || ||10 stage aperture; F2.8 to F8.0|
|White Balance: || ||Auto / Fixed (7 modes) / Manual|
|Sensitivity: || ||Auto / ISO 80 / ISO 160 / ISO 320 / ISO 640|
|Recording Functions: || ||Snapshot / audio snapshot (up to 30 seconds); high speed continuous shooting (3 shots / second, max. 5 shots); Auto Bracketing (AE/WB/AF); Multi Bracketing (color/portrait/sharpness/saturation/contrast); Macro; Best Shot, Movie with audio; voice recorder; Business Shot; Auto Macro; Flash Assist; Icon Help|
|Self-timer: || ||10 seconds or 2 seconds; Triple Self-timer; Remote control; 2 second remote control self timer|
|Built-in Flash: || ||Flash Modes: Auto, Flash On, Flash Off, Red Eye Reduction |
Approximate Range: 1.3' to 11.8' (W); 1.3' to 8.2' (T)
|Finder: || ||LCD Monitor; Optical zoom finder|
|Viewfinder: || ||Monitor screen and optical viewfinder|
|Monitor Screen: || ||2.0-inch high-definition TFT color LCD, 115,200 pixels (480×240)|
|Timekeeping Functions: || ||Date and time recorded with image data; auto calendar up to 2049|
|World Time: || ||162 cities (32 time zones); city names; date and time; summer time (daylight saving time)|
|Input/Output Terminals: || ||External power (DC IN); USB/AV connection (NTSC/PAL compliant); External flash sync terminal|
|Power Requirements: || ||Proprietary lithium ion rechargeable battery / AC adapter|
|Battery Life || || |
Approx. 200 snapshots (CIPA standard)
Continuous recording: approx. 440 snapshots (approx 1 hr. 50 min.) *
Continuous playback: approx 3 hr. 40 min. (still photos)
Continuous recording: approx 3 hr. 30 min. (voice recording)
*recording wide / tele alternatively each 15 secs, LCD on, flash off
|Dimensions: || ||3.84"(W) x 2.66"(H) x 1.78"(D) (excluding projections, thinnest point 1")|
|Weight: || ||Approximately 7.88 oz (excluding batteries and accessories)|
|Bundled Accessories: || ||Lithium Ion rechargeable battery; Battery charger; Card remote control; USB cable; AV cable; Strap; CD-ROM|
|Optional Accessories: || ||Wide/Tele conversion lens adaptor set; proprietary lithium ion battery; battery charger, AC adaptor|
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
EXILIM is a registered trademark of CASIO COMPUTER CO. LTD. CANON is a registered trademark of Canon Inc. Any other company or product names are registered trademarks or trademarks of those companies.
Casio, Inc., Dover, N.J., is the U.S. subsidiary of Casio Computer Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan. Casio, Inc., markets calculators, keyboards, digital cameras, mobile presentation devices, portable color TVs, timepieces (Wrist Technology), cash registers and other consumer electronic products. Casio, the unexpected extra – for more information visit our web site at www.casio.com.
* * *