Contact: Lillian Ayala
HWH Public Relations
VISIT CASIO AT CES BOOTH # 9808
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CASIO ANNOUNCES NEW QV-R SERIES DIGITAL CAMERA
FEATURING 6 MEGAPIXEL CCD
EXILIM Engine and Large 2.0-inch LCD Screen in a Compact Body
LAS VEGAS, NV, January 6, 2005 – Casio, Inc, in conjunction with it's parent company, Casio Computer Co., Ltd., announced today, at the 2005 International CES Show, the QV-R62, a 6-megapixel digital camera in the popular QV-R range with improved image quality and responsiveness thanks to the incorporation of Casio's proprietary EXILIM Engine. In addition, several new advanced features have been included to enhance overall performance. This compact model is the flagship in the QV-R series, and features a large 2.0-inch LCD screen and a 3X optical zoom lens in a compact aluminum body. The QV-R62, which is on display at Casio's Booth # 9808, will be available at retail in January 2005, with an MSRP of $399.99.
| || || |
"Since the first EXILIM, Casio has continued to create even more innovative cameras with greater rapid responsiveness and superior performance," said John Clough, president, Casio, Inc. "Casio's proprietary EXILIM Engine incorporates highly advanced circuitry to further enhance image processing and functional performance of the QV-R62, delivering superior images with remarkably high resolution and lower power consumption."
The QV-R62 includes nearly instantaneous startup, astonishingly fast 0.01 second release time lag, and high speed continuous shooting of up to 3 photos in 1 second.
Bre Holley, Vice President of Sales, Digital Imaging Division at Casio, said, "We are really excited about this new addition. The new QV-R62 is even ahead of its QV-R51 sibling, a camera that won the prestigious 2004 DIMA (Digital Imaging Marketing Association)Digital Camera Shoot-Out Award, beating more than 50 other digital cameras from 13 manufacturers, to take the prize for best picture quality in the US $300 to $399 price range. We think we've delivered a product that meets our customers needs."
Operation is extremely easy, with a large 2.0" LCD screen that clearly displays all information on shooting and photographic effects. With advanced operating features such as One-Touch direct REC and Play Modes, Best Shot Mode with 23 types of settings, and more, the QV-R62 represents the ultimate in high quality photography with carefree operation.
s according to manufacturer.
QV-R62 MAIN FEATURES
QV-R62 GENERAL FEATURES
- Large 2.0-inch TFT LCD scratch-resistant acrylic panel monitor
- Direct On function for one-touch recording and playback.
- Can use regular AA alkaline or lithium batteries
- Compact aluminum body with high-quality rounded finish
- Advanced image noise reduction processing for improved image quality, particularly when shooting at night
- Movies (without audio) can be recorded up to the limit of the memory
- Multi-Auto Focus for automatic selection of the optimum focus point location
- High-speed playback scrolls at 0.1 second per image for faster and easier image searches.
- The Best Shot Mode accesses 23 camera setups in an instant. Simply select a sample scene similar to the image you want, and exposure compensation, white balance, and other settings are configured automatically.
- Full-month calendar screen shows a thumbnail of the first image recorded on each date.
- The Alarm function sounds an alarm and displays a specified image at a preset time.
- World Time lets you select one of 162 cities in 32 time zones around the world as your home time. When traveling to another time zone, simply select the applicable city, and time and date settings are adjusted automatically.
- Triple Self-timer records three consecutive images, so you can select and keep the best one.
- The camera stores images in a Web browser-viewable format that allows you to browse images in an on-screen album.
- Internal 9.7 MB flash memory, with a card slot that supports use of an SD memory card or MMC (memory card not included).
- Favorites folder lets you store your favorite or private images so they are not displayed during normal playback.
- Connects directly to PictBridge and USB DIRECT-PRINT compatible printers.
- Complies with ExifPrint (Exif 2.2) and PRINT Image Matching.
- Complies with Epson USB DIRECT-PRINT, so you can print directly on a USB DIRECT-PRINT printer* without using a computer.
*For further information on "USB Direct-Print" compatible printers, please contact: Regional Epson Sales Companies
|Recording Element: ||1/1.8-inch square pixel primary color CCD (6.37 million total pixels; 6 million effective pixels)|
|Image File Record Format: ||Snapshots: JPEG (Exif. Ver. 2.2), DCF standard, DPOF compliant|
Movies: AVI (Motion JPEG)
|Recording Medium: ||Built-in flash memory (9.7MB), SD memory card/MMC memory card|
Recorded Image Sizes
Image Size (Pixels)
Approx. File Size
Approx. Memory Capacity
2816 x 2112
640 x 480
Image Size (Pixels)
Approx. File Size
Approx. Memory Capacity
SD Memory Card
320 x 240
3 minutes 25 seconds
* Matsushita products. Capacity differs according to manufacturer.
|Lens: ||F2.8 (W) to 4.9 (T); f=8 (W) to 24 (T) mm (equivalent to approximately 39.0 to 117.0 mm when converted to 35mm film) |
|Zoom: ||3X optical zoom; 4X digital zoom (12X total when optical and digital zoom are used in combination.)|
|Focusing: ||Contrast type Auto Focus (selectable between spot and multi); macro mode; infinity mode; manual focus |
|Approximate Focus Range: ||Normal: 60cm to 8; Macro: 10 to 70cm|
|Exposure Control: ||Metering: Multi-pattern by imaging element, central focus, and spot|
Control: Program AE; Exposure Compensation: -2EV to +2EV (in 1/3EV steps)
|Shutter: ||CCD electronic shutter/mechanical shutter; 4 to 1/2000 shutter speed (including Night mode)|
|Aperture: ||Auto; F2.8/F4.8 |
|White Balance: ||Auto; Fixed (6 modes); Manual |
|Sensitivity: ||Auto, ISO 64, ISO 125, ISO 250, ISO 500 |
|Recording Functions: ||Snapshot; movies ; Best Shot; Business Shot; Auto Macro; Flash Assist; Icon Help; Sharpness/color saturation/contrast/flash intensity settings|
|Self-timer: ||10 seconds or 2 seconds; Triple Self-timer |
|Built-in Flash: ||Flash Modes: Auto, Flash On, Flash Off, Red Eye Reduction|
Approximate Range: 0.6 to 2.6 meters (W); 0.6 to 2.1 meters (T)
|Viewfinder: ||Monitor screen and optical viewfinder|
|Monitor Screen: ||2.0-inch digital interface TFT color LCD (84,960 pixels; 354 X 240) |
|Playback Functions: ||Still/movie; 4X zoom; calendar; 9-image screen; Slideshow|
|Timekeeping Functions: ||Date and time recorded with image data; auto calendar up to 2049|
|World Time: ||162 cities (32 time zones); city names; date and time; summer time|
|Other: ||10 language setting; trimming; resize; histogram; grid; album feature; Favorites folder; copy; alarm with image; key customize|
|Input/Output Terminals: ||External power (DC3V); USB (Mini-B) terminals |
|Power Requirements: ||AA size Alkaline battery x 2; AA size lithium ion battery x 2 (sold separately); AC adapter (sold separately)|
|Dimensions: ||3.48" (W) x 2.38" (H) x 1.31"(D) (excluding projections)|
|Weight: ||Approximately 5.88 oz (excluding batteries and accessories)|
|Bundled Accessories: ||AA Alkaline battery x 2; USB Cable; Strap; CD-ROM |
Specifications subject to change without notice.
EXILIM is a registered trademark of CASIO COMPUTER CO. LTD. Any other company or product names are registered trademarks or trademarks of those companies.
Casio, Inc., Dover, N.J., is the U.S. subsidiary of Casio Computer Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan. Casio, Inc., markets calculators, keyboards, digital cameras, mobile presentation devices, portable color TVs, timepieces (Wrist Technology), cash registers and other consumer electronic products. Casio, the unexpected extra – for more information visit our web site at www.casio.com.