FOR MEDIA INQUIRIES ONLY:
Contact: Rachel Max/Jennifer Lilly
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CASIO INTRODUCES NEW 10.1 MEGAPIXEL EXILIM ZOOM
Features Large 2.8-inch Wide and Bright LCD Display
DOVER, NJ, APRIL 26, 2006 - Casio, Inc. and its parent company, CASIO COMPUTER CO., LTD., have announced the release of the EX-Z1000, the latest exciting addition to CASIO's stylish series of EXILIM ZOOM digital cameras. The EX-Z1000 captures images of remarkable quality for its very compact size, and its new wide-format Super Bright LCD display gives users the power to enjoy instant, high-impact images of their shots.
The new EXILIM ZOOM EX-Z1000 packs a powerful punch in a sleek, compact package. Small enough to be held in the palm of the hand, its 10.1 megapixel digital camera still captures super high-resolution images that reproduce crystal-clear even in very large sizes-perfect for printing or on-screen viewing of those priceless, once-in-a-lifetime shots. And there's more. This new model is the first in the series to incorporate a large 2.8-inch, Wide and Bright LCD display. CASIO makes the most of this extra screen space to offer great new functions like simultaneous viewing of a wide angle and a telephoto shot, and a convenient right-side set of icon controls.
High resolution 10.1 megapixel digital camera with large CCD
The EX-Z1000 has an effective 10.1 million pixels, powered by a large 1/1.8-inch format, high resolution CCD. Add the EXILIM Engine high-performance image processor and the camera delivers highly expressive images and reproduces a wide tonal range.
Large 2.8-inch, Wide and Bright display
The EX-Z1000's LCD display is a large, crystal-clear 2.8-inch monitor in an attractive wide format. This high-resolution, 230,400 pixel LCD displays images and data with outstanding clarity and fine detail. With a maximum brightness of 1200cd/m2, the EX-Z1000's Wide and Bright display makes viewing in bright outdoor light easier than ever before.
Since the moment of its debut in 2002, the EXILIM series has been transforming the digital camera market. EXILIM cameras are slim and stylish, packed with superior functionality, and astonishingly easy to use. Users appreciate EXILIM's unique combination of compact size, intuitive controls, large displays, and long battery life. And the series continues to break new ground, with the recent introduction of functions like Anti Shake DSP, which reduces blurring due to unsteady hands or moving subjects, and the Super Bright display.
"We are very excited to announce the addition of our EX-Z1000 to the EXILIM ZOOM series of compact, stylish and easy-to-use digital cameras", said Bill Heuer, Senior Vice President of Casio's Digital Imaging Division. "The high resolution and large, bright 2.8" LCD in the new EX-Z1000 offers consumers even more possibilities in capturing and sharing their memories, and Casio is proud to be able to offer such cutting edge technology", he continued.
The EX-Z1000 will have a suggested retail price of $399.99 and will be available at retail in June.
EXILIM is a registered trademark of CASIO COMPUTER CO., LTD. Any other company or product names are registered trademarks or trademarks of those companies.
Casio, Inc., Dover, N.J., is the U.S. subsidiary of Casio Computer Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan, one of the world's leading manufacturers of consumer electronics and business equipments solutions, established in 1957. Casio Inc. markets calculators, keyboards, digital cameras, mobile presentation devices, disc title and label printers, watches, cash registers and other consumer electronic products. Casio has strived to realize its corporate creed of "creativity and contribution" through the introduction of innovative and imaginative products. For more information, visit www.casiousa.com
* * *
EXILIM ZOOM EX-Z1000 MAIN FEATURES
Superior performance, amazing image quality, and functionality for beautiful photographs
- 10.1 million effective pixels.
- A high dynamic range, 1/1.8-inch CCD, which delivers low-noise imaging.
- The ability to zoom between 4.3X and 17.1X*1 with no reduction in image quality.
- BEST SHOT function with high-sensitivity shooting mode, up to a maximum of ISO 3200.
- Anti Shake DSP, which is built into the EXILIM Engine image processor, reduces blurring due to unsteady hands or moving subjects.
- Rapid Flash function enables up to three shots per second, enabling high-speed flash photography.
- Fast power-on function, so the first shot can be taken just 1.3 seconds*2 after switching on.
- Release time lag of only approximately 0.002 seconds,*3 allowing the shot to be captured practically instantaneously with the push of the shutter button.
- High-speed picture playback of approximately 0.1 second interval.
- Super Life Battery allows up to 360 shots*4 to be taken, measured by CIPA standards.
*1 This applies with image size set anywhere from VGA to 5 megapixels. Zoom ratio can be enhanced by cropping an image.
*2 Using internal memory, with built-in flash off.
*3 With built-in flash off.
*4 With LCD display set to standard brightness.
Large, wide-format LCD display built for ease of viewing
- Large, 2.8-inch, wide-format LCD monitor lets users enjoy high-impact images of their shots.
- High-resolution, 230,400 pixel display presents clear, detailed images and data.
- Wide and Bright display (brightness: 1200cd/m2 *5) makes viewing in bright outdoor light easier than ever before.
- Display button can be used to change display formats with just one touch.
- Display utilizes a vertical stripe pixel array, ensuring that the menus are clear and easy to read.
- Right edge of the display shows operational icons, enabling easy operation and quick review of settings.
- Multi-image function can display 12 images on a single screen.
*5 On the highest brightness setting, measured at the center of the screen.
Photographic functions designed to take advantage of the camera's high resolution
- The revolutionary Zoom Continuous Shutter mode allows the user to compare a wide angle and a telephoto shot in the same display and to take both shots simultaneously with only one press of the shutter button.
- Revive Shot refreshes the faded colors of old photos, bringing them back to life in digital format.
- Quick Zoom feature enables instant switch to a preset zoom ratio with just one touch of a button.
- 37 different types of BEST SHOT sample images. Users can choose one of these samples to make sure their photos come out just right.
- Movies can be taken in VGA size (640 x 480 pixels) at 25 frames per second (Motion JPEG).
Other functions for intuitively easy operation
- Quick Shutter function allows for fast focusing, reducing focusing error.
- Auto Macro mode allows for automatic switching between auto focus mode and macro mode.
- 9-Point Multi AF function clearly shows areas of auto focus when photographing subjects with multiple focus points.
- Direct On function allows users to press a single button to quickly start the camera in either shooting or playback mode.
- Multi-function cradle can be used to recharge the battery, connect to a PC to download images, and connect to audiovisual equipment. The cradle also functions as a photostand, allowing users to view an image slideshow.
EXILIM ZOOM EX-Z1000 SPECIFICATIONS
|Effective Pixels ||10.10 million|
|Imaging Element ||1/1.8-inch square pixel color CCD (total pixels: 10.37 million)|
|Image File Format ||Still images: JPEG (Exif Version 2.2), DCF standard, DPOF compliant|
|Movies ||Motion JPEG, AVI format|
|Audio ||WAV (monaural)|
|Recording Media ||Built-in flash memory (image area: 8.0MB), SD Memory Card/ MultiMediaCard compatible|
|Image Size (Pixels) ||Still images: 3648 x 2736, 3648 x 2432 (3:2), 3648 x 2048 (16:9), |
2560 x 1920, 2048 x 1536, 1600 x 1200, 640 x 480
|Movies ||640 x 480 (HQ), 640 x 480 (Normal), 320 x 240 (LP)|
| ||Image size (pixels) ||Image quality/ |
|File size ||Built-in memory (8.0MB) ||SD Memory |
|Still Images || |
3648 x 2736
640 x 480
|Movies || |
Time per File
3 min. 16sec.
5 min. 27sec.
320 x 240 (LP)
13 min. 35sec.
*1. When using Panasonic (Matsushita) 256 MB card.
*2. Within limits of memory and battery life.
|F2.8 to 5.4, f=7.9 to 23.7mm (equivalent to approximately 38 to 114mm on a 35mm film camera), 7 lenses in 5 groups, including aspherical lens|
|Zoom: ||3X optical zoom, 4X digital zoom (Image size: 3648 x 2736 pixels, 12X in combination with optical zoom)|
|Focusing Contrast Detectiont: ||Auto Focus∞|
|Focus Modes: ||Auto Focus, Macro Mode, Pan Focus (movie recording only), Infinity Mode, Manual Focus|
|AF Area: ||Spot or Multi; with AF assist lamp|
|Approximate Focus Range Auto Focus: ||15.75" to ∞, Macro: 2.36" to 19.69", Infinity Mode: ∞, Manual Focus: 2.36" to ∞ *Range is affected by optical zoom|
|Exposure Control: ||Metering: Multi-pattern, center weighted, spot by imaging element|
|Exposure: ||Program AE|
|Exposure Compensation: ||-2EV to +2EV (in 1/3EV steps)|
|Shutter: ||CCD shutter, mechanical shutter|
|Still images (Auto): ||1/2 to 1/2000 second (at ISO 50), Still images (night scene): 4 to 1/2000 second (at ISO 50) *Shutter speed range may be different depending on the BEST SHOT scene or sensitivity setting|
|Aperture: ||F2.8/F5.6,*3 auto switching |
*3 Brightness converted
* Using optical zoom causes the aperture to change
|White Balance: ||Auto, fixed (6 modes), manual|
|Sensitivity: ||Still images: Auto*4, ISO50, ISO100, ISO200, ISO400 |
*4 When using Anti Shake function, maximum is ISO 800. When using BEST SHOT "High Sensitivity" function, maximum is ISO 3200
|Recording Functions: ||Still images; still images with audio (maximum around 30 seconds); macro; self-timer; continuous shutter (normal speed, high speed, rapid flash, zoom continuous), BEST SHOT, movies with audio, voice recording|
|Self-timer: ||10 seconds, 2 seconds, Triple Self-timer|
|Built-in Flash: ||Flash Modes: Auto, On, Off, Soft Flash, Red Eye Reduction|
Flash Range: Approx..33 to 11.81' (W), approx. 1.31' to 6.23' (T)
Flash Continuous Shutter: approx. 1.97' to 6.89' (W), approx. 1.31' to 3.61' (T)
|Monitor Screen: ||2.8-inch TFT color LCD (14:9), 230,400 pixels (960 x 240)|
|Timekeeping Functions: || |
Date and time: Recorded with image data;
Auto Calendar: To 2049
On-image time stamp function
|World Time: ||162 cities in 32 time zones, City name, date, time, summer time|
|Input/Output Terminals: ||USB cradle connector, USB2.0 (Full-Speed) compatible|
|Power Requirements: || |
Rechargeable lithium ion battery (NP-40) x 1
|Battery life: ||Approx. 360 still images (CIPA Standards)|
Continuous playback: approx. 13 hr. (still images)
Continuous recording: approx. 3 hr. 15 min. (movie)
Continuous recording: approx. 8 hr. (voice recording)
|Dimensions: ||3.62" (W) x 2.30" (H) x .88" (D) (excluding projections, .78" at thinnest part)|
|Weight: ||Approximately 4.9 oz (excluding battery and accessories)|
|Bundled Accessories: ||Rechargeable lithium ion battery, USB cradle, USB cable, AV cable, Special AC adaptor, strap, CD-ROM|
Specifications are subject to change without notice.