Contact: Rachel Max Coyne
VISIT CASIO AT BOOTH # 9808
CASIO INTRODUCES NEWEST EXILIM CARD CAMERA BOASTING ADVANCED MOVIE RECORDING CAPABILITY
New EXILIM Digital Camera Unveiled at CES in Las Vegas
JANUARY 5, 2006, LAS VEGAS, NV – Casio, Inc., in conjunction with its parent company CASIO COMPUTER CO., LTD., announced the release of the latest addition to its EXILIM digital camera series with the EXILIM CARD EX-S600 at the CES 2006 Show that opened today at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The EX-S600 is the next evolution in this popular line of ultra-slim card-sized high-resolution digital cameras, boasting 6 mega pixel photos and the ability to reduce camera shake instantaneously when recording quality MPEG-4 movies, a major addition to this line. The camera will be on display at Casio's Booth # 9808.
The EX-S600's ability to take state-of-the-art movies instantly and easily adds to the versatility and fun of this powerful and high quality digital camera. The EX-S600 fits conveniently in any pocket to go wherever you go, ready to quickly capture all those special moments. No matter how spontaneous the situation, the EXILIM engine's Anti Shake DSP reduces blurring caused by shaky hands and/or moving subjects, and the Auto Macro and Quick Shutter functions ensure that photos are properly focused.
"We're very excited about the launch of the EX-S600, which not only packs a punch with six mega pixels into a pocket-sized camera, but also reduces camera shake when recording MPEG-4 movies," says John Clough, President of Casio, Inc. "Casio once again exhibits fashion with function, as the new EX-S600 will be available in three stylish colors – silver, orange, and blue. The EX-S600 is the perfect accessory for business or leisure, as it incorporates Casio's best of class technology, allowing for great pictures and videos in an ultra slim body."
In addition to enhanced resolution, the EX-S600's 3X zoom and increased battery life, allowing up to 300 shots per battery charge, provide significant photographic flexibility. The BEST SHOT menu includes the new Revive Shot, created specifically for taking digital pictures of old album photos. Revive Shot adjusts for obliquity as well as brightly refreshes faded colors. Whether framing a shot, reviewing images, or watching movies, everything is brighter when displayed on the adjustable 2.2 inch LCD-approximately twice as bright as previous models, making it ideal for outdoor use. Small enough to conveniently carry wherever you go, the EX-S600 has one-touch buttons that allow for quick start-up of the camera to view images, take pictures, and take movies; all designed to quickly capture special moments. The EX-S600 connects easily to a TV or PC via the multi cradle, which also doubles as the battery charger.
The EX-S600 continues the EXILIM CARD tradition of offering cutting-edge technology packed into a small, slim, and stylish body. With high quality photos, advanced movie recording capabilities, and a tremendous range of remarkable functions, CASIO once again exceeds expectations by providing a conveniently portable means of preserving memories to be cherished for a lifetime.
The MSRP of the EX-S600 is $399.99, and will be available at retail beginning end of March 2006.
Casio, Inc., Dover, N.J., is the U.S. subsidiary of Casio Computer Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan, one of the world's leading manufacturers of consumer electronics and business equipments solutions, established in 1957. Casio Inc. markets calculators, keyboards, digital cameras, mobile presentation devices, disc title and label printers, watches, cash registers and other consumer electronic products. Casio has strived to realize its corporate creed of "creativity and contribution" through the introduction of innovative and imaginative products. For more information, visit www.casio.com
EXILIM is a registered trademark of CASIO COMPUTER CO ., LTD. Any other company or product names are registered trademarks or trademarks of those companies.
EXILIM CARD EX-S600 MAIN FEATURES
High Performance, Card-Sized Highlights
- 6 mega pixel CCD makes for high resolution picture taking
- Ultra slim digital camera with a retracting 3X optical zoom employing high-density packaging technology resulting in a .63" thickness ( thinnest point: .54")
- The Super Life Battery allows up to 300 still pictures per charge on CIPA standard
- The Super Life Battery provides 1 hour and 50 minutes of movie recording per battery charge
- The Anti Shake DSP (digital signal processor) reduces blurring caused by shaking hands or moving subjects
- The bright new digital interface TFT LCD 2.2 inch screen is easier to see when using the camera outdoors
Convenient and Multivariate Functions
- "Revive Shot" refreshes faded colors of old album photos, bringing them back to life in digital format
- When photographing subjects with multiple focus points, the 9-Point Multi AF function takes simultaneous meter readings at nine different points, automatically selecting the best ones, resulting in a clearly focused shot
- The "Quick Shutter" function reduces mistakes by facilitating simple and easy high-speed focusing
- The "Auto Macro" mode allows for automatic switching between macro mode and auto focus mode
- Perfect pictures and movies can be taken using one of the 34 different "BEST SHOT" settings
Assorted High Quality Movie Functions
- MPEG-4, VGA (640×480 pixels), 30 frames/second enables high quality movie recording
- The movie stabilizer function instantaneously reduces camera shake when recording movies 1
- 1 hour of movies can be taken in "Normal" mode using an optional 1GB SD memory card
- The "Direct Movie" function instantly starts movie recording with a press of the Movie button
- The "Snapshot-In-Movie" allows you to take a snapshot during movie recording
- Using the " Motion Print", movies can be converted into a series of nine or just one snapshot for printing
- The "Past Movie" starts movie recording from 5 seconds before the Movie button is pressed
- The "Short Movie" enables movie recording for up to a total of 8 seconds, adjustable before or after the shutter is snapped
- The USB cradle not only charges the camera battery, but is also a simple way to connect the camera to a PC or TV to enjoy photos and movies with no need for additional equipment
*1 Camera shake reduction achieved electronically
Enhanced Quick Responsiveness
- Once powered on, the camera is ready to take pictures in approximately 1.0 second 1
- After the shutter is snapped, picture is taken almost instantly, with only an approximately 0.007 second 2 release time lag
- High-speed picture playback of approximately 0.1 seconds interval
- The "DIRECT ON" buttons function allows quick startup in both shooting and playback modes
*1 using internal memory, with internal flash turned off *2 with internal flash turned off
|Imaging Elements ||1/2.5-inch square pixel primary color CCD (6.18 million total pixels; 6.00-million effective pixels)|
|Recording Formats ||Snapshots: JPEG (Exif Ver. 2.2), DCF 1.0 compliant, DPOF compatible|
Movies: AVI (MPEG-4)
Audio: WAV (MONO)
|Recording Medium: ||Internal flash memory (approx. 8.3 MB recordable area), SD memory card/MMC compatible|
|Image recording pixels ||Snapshots: 2816x2112 / 2816x2112(3:2) / 2304×1728 / 2048×1536 / 1600×1200 / 640×480 pixels|
Movies: 640×480(HQ) / 640×480(Normal) / 320×240(LP)
Recording Volumes and Times
| ||Image size (pixels) ||Image quality/ |
|File size ||Built-in memory (8.3MB) ||SD Memory Card|
2816 X 2112
640 x 480
|Movies || |
Approx. 4.0M Bit/sec.
8 min. 17sec.
|640x480 (Normal) ||Shooting time: |
|Approx. 2.1M Bit/sec. |
15 min. 43sec.
|320 x 240 (LP) ||Shooting time: |
|Approx. 745k Bit/sec. |
1 min 6sec.
43 min. 52sec.
*-When using a Matsushita Electronic Industrial Co., Ltd 256MB
**-Depending upon memory capacity and battery life.
|6 lenses in 5 groups, including aspherical lens; F2.7(W) to F5.2(T), f=6.2(W) to 18.6(T)mm (equivalent to approximately 38 to 114 mm when converted to 35mm film)|
|Zoom: ||3X optical zoom; 4X digital zoom (12X total when optical and digital zooms are used in combination)|
|Focal point |
|Contrast type AF (selectable between spot, 9-point multi); macro mode; infinity mode; manual focus|
|Focus Length: ||Normal: 15.75" to ∞; Macro: 5.91 " to 19.69" * varies with optical zoom|
|Exposure Control: ||Light metering method: multi-pattern, center-weighted, CCD spot|
Control method: program AE
|Exposure compensation: ||+/- 2EV (1/3 EV units)|
|Shutter: ||CCD electronic / mechanical shutter; snapshot auto 1/8 to 1/2000 sec. shutter speed. *shutter speed is different for the following Best Shot scenes. Night Scene:4 to 1/2000 second: Firewors: 2 seconds (fixed) |
|Aperture: ||Auto; F2.7/F4.3 [using wide angle] * varies with optical zoom|
|White Balance: ||Auto / Fixed (6 modes) / Manual|
|Sensitivity setting: ||Snapshot; Auto /ISO50/ISO100/ISO200/ISO400, Movie; Auto *Max ISO sensitivity is 1600 when taking pictures using Best Shot "Anit Shake" or "High Sensitivity" modes |
|Shoot and Recording Functions: ||Snapshot / audio snapshot; continuous shooting; Self-timer; Macro; BEST SHOT (scenes other than Short Movie, Past Movie and Voice Recording); movie with audio (Normal movie, Short Movie, Past Movie) |
|Self-timer: ||10 sec. or 2 sec., Triple Self-timer|
|Internal Flash: ||Flash Modes: Auto, Flash On, Flash Off, Red Eye Reduction|
Approximate Range: 1.31 to 9.19 feet (W); 1.31 to 4.59 feet (T)
|Viewfinder: ||LCD Monitor|
|Monitor Screen: ||2.2-inch digital interface TFT color LCD, 84,960 pixels (354×240)|
|Timekeeping Function ||Date and time recorded with image data; auto calendar up to 2049|
|World Time: ||162 cities (32 time zones); city names, date and time, summer time (daylight saving time)|
|Input/Output Terminals: ||Charging cradle|
|USB: ||USB 2.0 (Hi-speed)|
|Audio: ||Microphone (mono); speaker (mono)|
|Batteries ||Proprietary lithium ion rechargeable battery / AC adapter|
|Battery Life || |
Approx. 300 snapshots (CIPA standards)
Continuous shooting: approx. 680 snapshots (approx 2 hr. 50 min.)*
LCD monitor ON, Flash disabled, alternating between wide-zoom and telephoto-zoom every 15 seconds
Continuous playback: approx 4 hr. 40 min. (snapshots)
Continuous recording: approx 1 hr. 50 min. (movie)
Continuous recording: approx 5 hr. 30 min. (voice recording)
|Dimensions: ||3.54" (W) x 2.32" (H) x .63" (D) (excluding projections, thinnest point .54")|
|Weight: ||Approx. 4.06oz (without batteries and accessories)|
|Supplied Accesories ||Lithium-ion rechargeable battery; USB cradle; AV cable; Strap; CD-ROM|
Specifications are subject to change without notice.