Contact: Tom Fisher, Casio, Inc.
National Accounts Sales Manager
CASIO INTRODUCES THE
TOUCH SCREEN POINT-OF-SALE SYSTEM
QT-5000 Follows Recent Introduction of Three Other Hospitality Models –
TE-4500, TE-8500 and QT-2100
DOVER, NJ –March 15, 2004- Casio, Inc., the U.S. subsidiary of Casio Computer Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan, announced the latest addition to its expanding range of hospitality (POS) products. The QT-5000 is a ROM-based touch screen terminal that provides comprehensive hospitality features at an affordable price. The small footprint saves valuable counter space, and the aesthetic design make the QT-5000 a stylish state of the art terminal. The QT-5000 offers a broad base of solutions directly targeting Quick Service, Table Service, Cafeteria, and Fast Casual environments.
The Casio QT-5000 is available for immediate delivery and the MSRP is $2,649.00.
The ROM-based technology of the QT-5000 provides cash register type stability and cost while allowing for PC type features and functions. The flash ROM eliminates the need for a hard drive and provides instant access to data stored in RAM memory.
The QT-5000 helps customers automate, manage, and control their business by offering extensive industry requested features, time critical reports, and security access to sensitive areas. The QT-5000 has been designed in a manner that simplifies operator usage and minimizes training times without compromising the inherent sophisticated features.
QT-5000 Features Include:
- 10.4" Flat Panel, SVGA, TFT, Color LCD Screen
- Spill Resistant Sealed Touch Screen
- Backlit 4-Line LCD customer display
- Flash ROM Technology eliminates need for a hard drive and provides increased stability
- 100 base-T Network to enhance communication speed
- Dallas Magnetic Clerk Lock to provide operator and system security
- 4 Serial Ports for connecting a variety of peripherals
- 2 Cash Drawer Ports
- Compact Flash Card Slot for backing up application program
- Scanning and scale capability
- Magnetic Strip Reader available for credit cards and operator sign-on
- Programmable screens for customizing menu appearance
- Floating Guest Check File with terminal redundancy
- Time and Attendance tracking
- PC software available for programming
- Extensive reporting to help managers/owners analyze sales and control operations
The QT-5000 follows the recent introduction of three other highly successful Casio hospitality models, the TE-4500, TE-8500, and QT-2100.
The TE-4500 features a multi-line color LCD display and is an ideal mid-range product offering check file sharing, remote printer sharing, and PC interface capability.
The TE-8500 has a 14 line color LCD display for highlighting orders and displaying drop down menus, condiments, and modifiers. The TE-8500 is full featured and well suited for hospitality chain store environments.
The QT-2100 is a mid-high end system that accommodates space constraints and has a uniquely designed keyboard, which can be easily rotated to access up to four different menus.
Casio has been designing and manufacturing cash registers since 1976, and is well recognized today as a major global supplier of POS systems and cash register products. With one of the broadest product offerings on the market, Casio continues to employ leading technology to provide business owners with the tools to run their business efficiently and effectively.
Casio, Inc., Dover, N.J., is the U.S. subsidiary of Casio Computer Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan. Casio, Inc., markets calculators, keyboards, digital cameras, mobile presentation devices, portable color TVs, timepieces (Wrist Technology), cash registers and other consumer electronic products. Casio, the unexpected extra - for more information visit our web site at www.casio.com.
* * *