|Untitled Document |
Contact: George Baraona
973-361-5400, ext. 4768
973-361-5400, ext. 1551
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CASIO INTRODUCES A SHOCK, WATER AND
DUST RESISTANT ENTERPRISE PDA
IT-10 Features Easy to Read, High-Resolution VGA display
and High Capacity Long Life Battery
DOVER, NJ, November 19, 2004 – Casio, Inc., in conjunction with its parent company, Casio Computer Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan, announced today the release of the new IT-10 Enterprise PDA. The IT-10 has been engineered to be shock, water and dust resistant, making it ideal for heavy duty use in tough environments. The IT-10 will be available at retail in December 2004.
To provide optimum performance in demanding applications, the IT-10 offers superior portability along with high-speed, high-capacity data processing. The IT-10's wide range of functions makes it the perfect tool for a variety of tasks such as retail store management, sales force automation, equipment /facilities maintenance management and market research applications.
"Casio, through its years of PDA development experience, has designed the new IT-10 model with the portability, functionality, durability and superior hardware that the business market demands, said Larry Sampey, General Manager of the Systems Products Division". "Casio strongly believes this new model will energize and expand the Enterprise PDA market", he continued.
The IT-10 offers a higher level of performance by offering greater durability, a high resolution VGA display that is both advantageous for web-based application developers as well as allowing easy viewing for users, and a high capacity battery for extended operation time between charges.
- Shock-resistant to withstand a drop from 3.3 feet (1.0 m); complies with the IP 54 rating for dust and splash resistance.
- Large 3.7-inch transflective VGA LCD for sharp, clear viewing; can switch between either landscape or portrait viewing.
- Large 2,300 mAh rechargeable battery for up to 27 hours of continuous use.
- CF card slot for use with wireless WAN or LAN cards with noise-reduction design. (Supplies electrical current up to 1A.
- SD slot with SDIO Now! software enables use with memory cards, as will as scanner cards, camera cards, wireless LAN cards etc.
- Memory backup and auto-recovery tools for recovery of application environment and smooth transfer to a backup machine.
- Microsoft® Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition Software for Pocket PC
- Intel® PXA270 416MHz Application Processor
- Compact: Approx. 5.5" (H) x 3.1" (W) x 1.0" (D)
Approx. 140 mm (H) x 80 mm (W) x 25 mm (D)
|Model || ||IT-10M20 |
|OS || ||Microsoft® Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition Software for Pocket PC, English version |
|CPU || ||Intel® PXA270 application processor 416MHz |
|Memory ||RAM |
64MB (user area approx. 20 MB)
|Display || ||3.7-inch transflective TFT color LCD (640 x 480 dot),LED backlight attached, VGA standard |
|Input ||Keyboard ||Up key, Down key, Action key, Cursor keys, Power ON/OFF key, Program keys, Reset switch, Battery lock switch |
|Interface ||Infrared ||IrDA1.3 compatible (Maximum: 4Mbps) |
|Serial Port ||26pin interface (Support serial RS-232C and USB) |
|SDIO Slot ||Support SDIO, SD, MMC card |
|CF Slot ||1 x Type I / II |
|Audio ||Speaker (mono), microphone (mono), headphone jack (stereo) |
|Power ||Operation ||Lithium-ion battery pack (2,300 mAh) |
|Operating Period ||Approx. 27 hours,* calculation: display = 1 : 10 |
|Memory Backup ||NiMH battery (rechargeable) on board |
|Memory Backup Period ||Approx. 30 minutes(Assuming that the NiMH battery is fully charged.)) |
|Environment ||Drop Durability ||3.3feet (1.0m) |
|Operating Temperature ||32°F up to 104°F (0°C up to +40°C ) |
|Storage Temperature ||-4°F up to 140°F (-20°C up to +60°C) |
|Dust/Water-splash proof ||IP54 standard |
|Dimensions (grip) || ||Approx. 5.5" (H) x 3.1" (W) x 1.0" (D) |
Approx. 140 mm (H) x 80 mm (W) x 25 mm (D)
|Weight || ||Approx. 10.2 oz /0.64 lb / 290g |
Specifications subject to change without notice.
1. CASIO has joined BSQUARE's SDIO Now! Program and CASIO uses BSQUARE's SDIO technology.
2. Battery life estimates are based on operation at room temperature, using fresh batteries, with the CPU speed set to Automatic, and Backlight and Beam (IrDA) set to OFF.
3. Not all peripheral devices or features may operate with SDIO card slot or CF card slot
Microsoft, Windows and Windows logos are the registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Other company and product names are generally registered trademarks or trademarks of the respective companies.
Casio, Inc., Dover, N.J., is the U.S. subsidiary of Casio Computer Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan. Casio, Inc., markets calculators, keyboards, digital cameras, mobile presentation devices, portable color TVs, timepieces (Wrist Technology), cash registers and other consumer electronic products. Casio, the unexpected extra – for more information visit our web site at www.casio.com.
* * *