Contact: Lisa Farynyk
New Digital Cameras Focus on User-Friendly Convenience
High Performance EXILIM ZOOM with
Anti Shake DSP for Everyone
August 4, 2005, Dover, NJ – CASIO, INC, in conjunction with its parent company CASIO COMPUTER CO., LTD. announced the release of the latest additions to its EXILIM ZOOM line up with the EX-Z110 and EX-Z120 digital cameras. Designed to be user-friendly, fun, and convenient, as well as featuring CASIO's renowned EXILIM Engine with Anti Shake DSP, these offerings are intended to introduce the ease and enjoyment of high quality digital photography and world-class performance to anyone, anywhere.
The EXILIM digital camera series represents the culmination of CASIO's core technologies, combining cutting-edge miniaturization and digital expertise with state-of-the-art photographic capability. As with all digital cameras in the EXILIM series, the new EXILIM ZOOM models feature CASIO's EXILIM Engine, an image processing module that delivers high quality images, quick operation, and low power consumption, all of which have made EXILIM the camera of choice for many users the world over.
These latest models feature the Anti Shake DSP, which reduces blurring caused by shaky hands or moving subjects, while the Auto Macro and Quick Shutter functions ensure that photos are properly focused. High Sensitivity Mode produces clear shots with a bright background without the flash, even when lighting is dim. The EX-Z120 features 7.2 megapixels and 32 BEST SHOT scenes located on a convenient mode dial. The EX-Z110 features 6.0 megapixels and 28 BEST SHOT scene selections.
For enhanced user-friendliness, the mode dial and easy mode menu use simple icon images that make picture taking a snap for beginner digital camera users. EXILIM's emblematic quick start-up is further made convenient with easily accessible DIRECT ON buttons that enable fast start-up for quick shots or photo viewing. Both models run on AA batteries and have an AV out port allowing quick and convenient image viewing on televisions. The cameras have a 2.0-inch TFT color LCD display as well as a standard optical viewfinder, a 3x optical zoom, and VGA (640x480 pixels) size video recording capabilities. Of course, EXILIM standard features, such as short release time lag, allow pictures to be taken almost instantaneously, so you never miss the important moments. For those who want to enjoy more ambitious photography, these cameras support manual settings such as adjustable shutter speed and aperture for creative photo experiments, satisfying the needs of aspiring minds.
"The Z-110 and Z-120 is Casio's solution to simplicity," says John Clough, President of Casio, Inc. "It's easy to use, making it perfect for people who don't consider themselves "tech geeks", and by the same token offers a graduate "manual" level that customers can switch to once they've become comfortable with all of our high quality technical features. These are easy-to-use high quality, affordable digital cameras, and Casio is proud to be able to offer the variety that we do in the digital camera arena."
The Z-110 and Z-120 will be available at retail in the U.S. in early to mid September at an MSRP of $279 and $329 respectively.
The EXILIM ZOOM EX-Z110 and EX-Z120 cameras are designed to bring the fun and convenience of digital photography to people everywhere with user-friendly features that are true to CASIO's tradition of cutting-edge technology, intelligent functionality, and high-quality photography.
EX-Z120/Z110 Main Features
High Performance, Advanced Capabilities
- The Z120 has a 7.2 megapixel CCD (Z-110: 6.0 megapixel CCD) and a slim 3x optical zoom
- High image quality, high speed, long battery life, in a miniaturized package with EXILIM Engine image processing module
- The latest version of the EXILIM Engine features the Anti Shake DSP, which reduces blurring caused by shaky hands or moving subjects
- Large 2.0-inch digital interface TFT LCD display
- The Z120 can take 170 still shots (Z110: 180 shots) on one battery charge at CIPA standards1
- Stylish, compact and high grade body fits hands nicely
- The zoom lever and shutter are combined into one
*1 Based on Alkaline (LR6 Matsushita Battery Industrial CO., LTD.)
Easy to Operate User-friendly Mode
- Mode dial facilitates easy switching between still shot mode, playback mode, etc.
- For first-time users who find it difficult to navigate complicated settings, easy mode displays selected menu items such as image size and flash on/off in a large, easy to understand format
- Camera powered by AA alkaline, nickel-cadmium, or lithium batteries available at most stores
Enhanced Quick Responsiveness
- Once powered on, the camera is ready to take pictures in approximately 1.3 seconds (Z110: approximately 1.5 seconds)
*2 After the shutter is snapped, picture is taken almost instantaneously with an approximately 0.007 seconds release time lag (Z110 has 0.004 second lag)
*3 High-speed picture playback of approximately 0.1 seconds interval
- Continuous shutter function enables photos to be taken in approximately 0.9 second4 intervals, limited to available space on memory card
- The "DIRECT ON" button function allows quick startup in both shooting and playback modes
*2 using internal memory, with internal flash turned off
*3 with internal flash turned off
*4 depending on the type of memory card used
Convenient and Multivariate Functions
- Simple selection from 32 different BEST SHOT scenes (Z110: 28 BEST SHOT scenes)5 provides beautiful still pictures
- Manual setting allows adjustment of camera iris, shutter speed, exposure, etc. for custom shots
- The "Quick Shutter" function reduces mistakes by facilitating simple and easy high-speed focusing
- The "Auto Macro" mode allows for automatic switching between macro mode and auto focus mode
- The "Icon Help" function provides pop-up icon guidance when adjusting camera settings
- The "Flash Assist" mode compensates for poorly illuminated areas of the shot
*5 BEST SHOT scenes include "Anti Shake", which reduces blurring caused by both shaky hands and moving subjects, as well as "High Sensitivity", which enables bright pictures in a dim place even without the flash.
- Movies recorded in VGA (640x480 pixels) size, 30 frames per second (Z120: 28 frames per second) (Motion JPEG)
- Using the "MOTION PRINT" function, movies can be converted into a series of nine or just one snapshot for printing
- Movies can be zoomed in during replay
- The "Movie Editing" operation offers three ways (beginning, middle, end) to cut unwanted scenes from a movie
- Equipped with audiovisual interface allows camera to be directly connected to television in order to view pictures and movies
- Includes "Photo Loader" software which facilitates easy transfer of pictures to a PC
- Menu display language can be set to Chinese (simplified and traditional), English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish
- Compatible with PictBridge and USB Direct Print for direct connection to printing device
- Compatible with ExifPrint (Exif 2.2) as well as PRINT Image Matching
|Imaging Elements || ||1/1.8-inch square pixel primary color CCD (Total 7.41 million total pixels; 7.2-million effective pixels)|
|Recording Formats || ||Snapshots: JPEG (Exif Ver. 2.2), DCF 1.0 compliant, DPOF compatible|
Movies: AVI (Motion JPEG)
Audio: WAV (MONO)
|Recording Medium: || ||Internal flash memory (approx. 8.3 MB recordable area), SD memory card/MMC compatible|
|Image recording pixels || ||Snapshots: 3072 x 2304 / 3072 x 2304(3:2) / 2560×1920 / 2048×1536 / 1600×1200 / 640×480 pixels|
Movies: 640×480(HQ) / 640×480(Normal) / 320×240(LP)
Recording Volumes and Times
| ||Image size (pixels) ||Image quality/ |
|File size ||Built-in memory (8.3MB) ||SD Memory Card |
|3072 x 2304 ||Fine/ |
|Approx 4.32MB/ |
|640 x 480 ||Fine/ |
|Approx. 360KB/ |
|Movies ||640x480 (HQ) ||Shooting time: |
|Approx. 10.2M Bit/sec. |
3 min. 16sec.
|640x480 (Normal) ||Shooting time: |
|Approx. 6.1M Bit/sec. |
5 min. 27sec.
|320 x 240 (LP) ||Shooting time: |
|Approx. 2.45MB Bit/sec. |
13 min. 34sec.
*-When using a Matsushita Electronic Industrial Co., Ltd 256MB
**-Depending upon memory capacity and battery life.
| ||F2.8(W)to 5.1(T), f=7.9 to23.7mm(equivalent to approximately 38 to 114mm for 35mm film) , 7 lenses in 5 groups, with aspherical lens|
|Zoom: || ||3X optical zoom; 4X digital zoom (12X total when optical and digital zooms are used in combination)|
|Focusing || ||Contrast Detection Auto Focus, Focus Mode…Auto Focus, Macro mode, Pan Focus (movie only), Infinity mode, manual focus), AF Area…spot, multi,|
|Approx. Focus Range || ||Auto Focu-15.75" to ∞|
Macro-3.94" to 19.69"
Manual-3.94" to ∞
*Using optical zoom causes the above ranges to change
|Exposure Control: || ||Light metering…Multi-pattern, center-weighted, spot by CCD|
Exposure…Program AE, Aperture priority AE, Shutter speed priority AE, Manual AE
|Exposure compensation: || ||Exposure Compensation…－2EV～＋2EV (1/3EV units)|
|Shutter: || ||CCD electronic / mechanical shutter; Snapshot mode (auto) 1/8 to 1/1600 sec. shutter speed|
|Aperture: || ||F2.8/F4.0, auto switching|
* Using optical zoom causes the aperture to change
|White Balance: || ||Auto WB/ Fixed (6 modes) / Manual switching |
|Sensitivity setting: || ||Snapshot; Auto /ISO50/ISO100/ISO200/ISO400, Movie; Auto|
*Max ISO sensitivity is 800 when taking pictures with Anti Shake or High Sensitivity
|Shoot and Recording Functions: || ||Snapshot / audio snapshot; Continuous shutter; self-timer; macro; BEST SHOT; movie with audio; Voice Recording|
|Self-timer: || ||10 sec. or 2 sec., Triple Self-timer|
|Built-in Flash: || ||Flash Modes: Auto, Flash On, Flash Off, Red Eye Reduction|
Approximate Range: 1.31' to 7.55' (W); 1.31' to 3.94' (T)
|Viewfinder: || ||Monitor screen and optical viewfinder|
|Monitor Screen: || ||2.0-inch TFT color LCD, 84,960 pixels (354×240)|
|Timekeeping Function || ||Date and time recorded with image data; auto calendar up to 2049|
|World Time: || ||162 cities (32 time zones); city names, date and time, summer time|
|Input/Output Terminals: || ||AC adaptor connector(DC IN 3V), USB/AV port(NTSC/PAL)|
|USB: || ||USB 2.0 (Full-speed) compatible |
|Audio: || ||Microphone (mono); speaker (mono)|
|Batteries || ||Two AA-size alkaline batteries, Two AA-size rechargeable nickel-metal hydride batteries, Two AA-size lithium batteries, AC adaptor (AD-C30)|
|Battery Life *Based on Alkaline |
| ||Approx. 170 snapshots (CIPA standards)|
Continuous shooting: approx. 500 snapshots (approx 1 hr. 40 min.)*
* , LCD monitor ON, Flash disabled, alternating between wide-zoom and telephoto-zoom every 12 seconds
Continuous playback: approx 5 hr. 45 min. (snapshots)
Continuous recording: approx 1 hr. 30 min. (movie)
Continuous recording: approx 3 hr. 50 min. (voice recording)
|Dimensions: || |
3.54"(W) x 2.36"(H) x 1.07"(D) inches
|Weight: || ||Approx. 4.87oz (without batteries and accessories)|
|Supplied Accesories || ||Alkaline batteries (LR6), USB cable, AV cable, Strap, CD-ROM|
Specifications are subject to change without notice