Contact: Rachel Max/Jennifer Lilly Coyne
CASIO INTRODUCES "NEW TOUCH SENSATION"
QT-6000 Provides Alternate Solution for Hospitality Operations
Dover, NJ – October 5th, 2005 - CASIO, INC. announced the release of its latest addition to its POS Hospitality Line-up solutions with the introduction of the QT-6000, which provides the flair of a PC based system with the stability and reliability of a cash register. The QT-6000 is designed to provide a stronger alternative solution for business and retail hospitality operations, including fast food and table service restaurants without a windows operating system, hard drive or the need to add RAM for performance purposes.
Casio's new touch sensation platform combines the feature rich software set from the TE-8500 cash register, coupled with many more additional features on a 12.1" Flash ROM touch screen platform. This product is intended to expand market penetration specifically in fast food, table service and retail hospitality by facilitating ease of use.
Graphic icons can be assigned to keys, while the Ethernet allows the ability to implement wireless communications for hard to wire places and/or where terminal mobility is essential. Particularly beneficial to table service establishments, is the color-coding of table feature, which allows servers to easily identify the status of a table, and the floating of checks or tables between terminals, allows servers to access customer orders from any terminal in the system.
As a fast food partner, the QT-6000 serves to show overviews of queued cars in a drive thru screen, while extensive time and attendance feature gives managers the ability to monitor employee labor and pay, and even view a sales ratio report. It also serves as video surveillance while stock control eliminates the need for PC's and back office software.
" Casio is known for providing solutions through advanced technology, even where the demands are not yet present", said Larry Sampey, General Manager, Casio Systems Product Division. "Casio's QT-6000 is a solution to the specific and future needs of the retail hospitality businesses".
Optional components include magnetic card reader, external remote display, and external thermal printer. Each are sold separately.
Casio, Inc., Dover, N.J., is the U.S. subsidiary of Casio Computer Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan, one of the world's leading manufacturers of consumer electronics and business equipments solutions, established in 1957. Casio Inc. markets calculators, keyboards, digital cameras, mobile presentation devices, disc title and label printers, watches, cash registers and other consumer electronic products. Casio has strived to realize its corporate creed of "creativity and contribution" through the introduction of innovative and imaginative products.
For more information, visit www.casio4business.com
QT-6000 Key Features:
- 12.1 TFT flat panel, LCD color operator display
- Sleek designed cabinet with pedal stand
- Ethernet 10/100 Base-T IRC communications
- Table/Room screen with the ability to link servers to particular screens
- A graphical, easy to use split check operation
- The ability to customize keys with size, color, text and graphical icons
- 15 menu levels
- Drive thru screen
- The ability to assign names to table/check button
- Sound for easy identification
- An optional internal magnetic stripe for the purpose of signing on serves, credit/debit transactions and customer charge identification
- Floating customer charge file
- Wireless communication capability for IRC (floating of checks, customers, sales consolidation and program downloads)
- A new electronic journal with wrap capability