FOR MEDIA INQUIRIES ONLY:
Contact: Rachel Max Coyne
VISIT CASIO AT PMA BOOTH # 4609
STYLISH NEW EXILIM ZOOM EX-Z600 FEATURES EXTRA LARGE 2.7-INCH SUPER BRIGHT LCD AND INTRODUCES
eBay BEST SHOT MODE
Dramatically Improved Display Nearly 3X Brighter,
Easier to See Outdoors
FEBRUARY 26, 2006, ORLANDO, FL – Casio, Inc., in conjunction with its parent company CASIO COMPUTER CO., LTD. announced the release of the latest addition to its EXILIM ZOOM digital camera series with the EX-Z600 at the 2006 PMA Show that opened in the Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, FL today. The new EXILIM will be on display at Casio's Booth # 4609.
The latest evolution in this popular series offers 6.0 megapixel high resolution photos in a stylish, compact, and pocket-sized package. The extra large 2.7-inch Super Bright LCD is approximately three times brighter than the previous EX-Z500 model, producing an impressive luminance of 1200 candelas per square meter. This significant advancement makes the LCD easier to see, especially when viewed in the sunny outdoors. In auto mode, the LCD automatically adjusts to the brightness of the surrounding environment. The EX-Z600's Super Life Battery now has an even longer battery life, supporting a staggering 550 shots per charge.
New and exclusive to the Casio EXILIM line of digital cameras in the U.S., is the eBay Best Shot mode. The 33 rd Best Shot mode in the EX-Z600 zoom series model, eBay Best Shot is currently incorporated into three newly introduced EXILIM digital cameras. eBay Best Shot takes photos at a size that is image optimized for display on eBay, allowing picture takers to more quickly and easily create photos for selling items on eBay. eBay Best Shot mode also includes Auto Macro, an ideal setting for capturing images of small items such as jewelry, tags, etc., thus automatically adjusting the focus from acquiring fine details in close up shots to capturing large items from a distance. eBay Best Shot mode allows users to capture optimized images at an ideal size for eBay.
The EXILIM line is a culmination of CASIO's core technologies of miniaturization and digital technology resulting in a smaller, higher resolution camera-the established trend leader in stylish, quick responding, large LCD, and long battery life digital cameras. The EX-Z600 includes the latest version of the EXILIM Engine, featuring the Anti Shake DSP, which along with the Auto Macro and Quick Shutter functions, considerably reduces the incidence of blurred photos due to moving subjects or shaky hands.
New to the EX-Z600 is the Rapid Flash function, which enables three consecutive high speed flash photos in only one second, allowing you to completely capture the moment without losing precious seconds between shots. The EX-Z600 includes "Old Photo" Best Shot Mode, used to take still images of old photos for long term preservation and enjoyment. "Old Photo" digitally revives faded colors and automatically adjusts for obliquity, even when photos are shot while still in the album. The EX-Z600 is equipped with a BEST SHOT Button, allowing convenient one-touch access to this popular feature that offers 33 different scene selections, including Anti Shake and Old Photo, for hassle-free photos every time.
"We are proud to introduce the latest addition to our award winning EXILIM series of stylish and compact digital cameras, said Bill Heuer, Senior Vice President of Sales for Casio's Digital Imaging Division." "The EX-Z600 embodies CASIO's continuing commitment to offer digital camera users cutting-edge technology and convenient user-friendly functionality in a small, stylishly designed package. Providing the freedom to take high quality pictures and movies anywhere, anytime, the new EX-Z600 makes taking memories as easy and fun as making them, he continued"
The EX-Z600 will have a suggested retail price of $299.99 and will be available by mid April in silver and black.
Casio, Inc., Dover, N.J., is the U.S. subsidiary of Casio Computer Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan, one of the world's leading manufacturers of consumer electronics and business equipments solutions, established in 1957. Casio Inc. markets calculators, keyboards, digital cameras, mobile presentation devices, disc title and label printers, watches, cash registers and other consumer electronic products. Casio has strived to realize its corporate creed of "creativity and contribution" through the introduction of innovative and imaginative products. For more information, visit www.casiousa.comEXILIM is a registered trademark of CASIO COMPUTER CO ., LTD. Any other company or product names are registered trademarks or trademarks of those companies.
EXILIM ZOOM EX-Z600 MAIN FEATURES
Highly Efficient, Advanced Performance
- 6.0 megapixel high resolution CCD and retracting 3Xoptical zoom
- Extra Large 2.7-inch TFT LCD display now approximately 3X brighter (approximately 1200cd/m 2-compared to EX-Z500) 1
- Super Life Battery allows up to approximately 550 still images per charge on CIPA standards 2
- High quality images, high speed, and long lasting battery in a miniaturized package with EXILIM Engine image processing module
- The Anti Shake DSP (Digital Signal Processor) reduces blurring caused by shaky hands or moving subjects
*1 At maximum brightness, measured at the center of the displayNumerous Easy to Use Functions
*2 Auto Mode, standard brightness setting
- "Rapid Flash" enables three consecutive flash photos in one second
- The "Soft Flash" function reduces flash brightness when taking close-up flash photos
- "Old Photos" refreshes faded colors of old album photos, bringing them back to life in digital format
- The "9-Point Multi AF" clearly indicates areas in auto focus when photographing subjects with multiple focus points
- The "Quick Shutter" function reduces mistakes by enabling simple and easy high-speed focusing
- The "Auto Macro" mode allows for automatic switching between macro mode and auto focus mode
- The "Flash Assist" mode compensates for poorly illuminated areas of the shot
- The 33 scene "BEST SHOT" function enables selection of the appropriate camera setting for still photos via an easy to understand sample image menu
- The "Angle Correction" function corrects oblique shots to look as if they were taken from the front during image viewing
- "Color Restoration" enables digital enhancement of faded colors in old photos during image viewing
- The USB cradle functions as a charger as well as a simple way to connect the camera to personal computers and other AV equipment
Enhanced Quick Responsiveness
- Once powered on, the camera is ready to take pictures in approximately 0.9 seconds 1
- After the shutter is snapped, pictures are taken almost instantly, with only an approximately 0.005 second 2 release time lag
- High-speed image viewing at approximately 0.1 seconds intervals
- The "Direct On" buttons allow quick startup of both shooting and viewing modes
- A one-touch "BEST SHOT" button allows selection of the appropriate mode for any shot
*1 using internal memory, with internal flash turned off
*2 with internal flash turned off
The "Movie Editing" function offers three options (beginning, middle, end) for cutting unwanted scenes from a movie
- Movies recorded in VGA (640 x 480 pixels) at 30 frames per second (Motion JPEG)
- Using the "Motion Print" function, movies can be converted into a series of nine or one single image for printing
- Movies can be zoomed in during playback
EXILIM ZOOM EX-Z600 SPECIFICATIONS
|Imaging Elements ||1/2.5-inch square pixel color CCD (total pixels: 6.18 million, effective pixels: 6.00 million)|
|Image Files Format || |
Still Images: JPEG (Exif Ver.2.2), DCF1.0 standard, DPOF compliant
Movies: AVI (motion JPEG)
|Recording Media ||8.3MB built-in flash memory, SD Memory Card, Multimedia Card|
|Image Size (Pixels) || |
Still images: 2816 x 2112, 2816 x 1872 (3:2), 2304 x 1728, 2048 x 1536, 1600 x 1200, 640 x 480
Movies: 640 x 480 (HQ), 640 x 480 (Normal), 320 x 240 (LP)
| ||Pixels ||Image quality/ |
|File size ||Internal memory (8.3MB) ||SD Memory Card|
2816 X 2112
640 x 480
|Movies || |
Until Memory Full
3 min. 16sec.
|640x480 (Normal) ||Approx. 6.1MB/sec. |
5 min. 27sec.
|320 x 240 (LP) ||Approx. 2.45 MB/sec. |
13 min. 34sec.
* Based on Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., LTD Products. Capacity depends on card manufacturer.
|F2.7(W) to 5.2(T), f=6.2(W) to 18.6(T)mm (equivalent to approximately 38(W) to 114mm(T) for 35mm film), 6 lenses in 5 groups, with aspherical lens|
|Zoom: ||3X optical zoom, 4X digital zoom (12X in combination with optical zoom)|
|Focusing: || |
Contrast Detection Auto Focus,
Focus Modes: Auto Focus, Macro mode, Pan Focus, Infinity mode, manual focus
AF Area: spot, multi; AF Assist Light
Approximate Focus Range: Auto Focus: 15.75" to ∞, Macro: 5.91" to 19.69", Infinity Mode: ∞, Manual: 5.91" to ∞
* Using optical zoom causes the above ranges to change
|Exposure Control: || |
Light metering: Multi-pattern, center-weighted, spot by CCD
|Shutter: || |
CCD electronic shutter, mechanical shutter,
Still image mode (auto): 1/8 to 1/2000 second.
*Shutter speed is different for the following BEST SHOT scenes.
Night Scene: 4 to 1/2000 second: Fireworks: 2 seconds (fixed)
|Aperture: ||F2.7/F4.3, auto switching * Using optical zoom causes the aperture to change |
|White Balance: ||Auto WB / Fixed (6 modes) / Manual |
|Sensitivity: || |
Still images: Auto * / ISO50 / ISO100 / ISO200 / ISO400,
*Max ISO sensitivity is 800 when taking pictures with Anti Shake or High Sensitivity
|Recording Functions: ||Still images: audio snapshot; Continuous shutter; self-timer; macro; BEST SHOT mode; movie with audio; Voice Recording|
* Audio recording is monaural
|Self-timer: ||10 seconds, 2 seconds, Triple Self-timer |
|Built-in Flash: || |
Flash Modes: Auto Flash, On, Off, Red eye reduction, Soft Flash
Flash Range: Wide Angle Optical Zoom: .49' to 9.19'; Telephoto Optical Zoom: 1.31' to 4.59'
Flash Continuous Shutter: Wide Angle Optical Zoom: 2.30' to 5.25'; Telephoto Optical Zoom: 1.31' to 2.65'
*ISO Sensitivity: "Auto" *Depends on zoom factor
|Viewfinder: ||Monitor screen |
|Monitor: ||2.7-inch TFT color LCD, 153,600 pixels (640×240) |
|Timekeeping Functions: ||Date and time: Recorded with image data, Auto Calendar: To 2049|
|World Time: || |
162 cities in 32 time zones, City, Date, Time, summer time
|Input/Output Terminals: || |
|USB: ||USB 2.0 (Full-Speed) compatible |
|Microphone: ||Monaural |
|Speaker: ||Monaural |
|Power: ||Rechargeable lithium ion battery (NP-40) ×1 |
|Battery Life: || |
Approx. 550 still images (CIPA Standards)
*Auto Mode, standard brightness setting
Continuous playback: approx 9hr. 20 min. (still images)
Continuous recording: approx 4hr. (movie)
Continuous recording: approx 10 hr. (voice recording)
|Dimensions: || |
3.48" (W) x 2.24" (H) x .81" (D) (excluding projections, .73" at thinnest part)
|Weight: ||Approximately 3.95 oz (excluding battery and accessories)|
|Bundles Accessories: || |
Rechargeable lithium ion battery, USB cradle, USB cable, AV Cable, AC adaptor, CD-ROM, Basic Reference
Specifications subject to change without notice.EXILIM is a registered trademark of CASIO COMPUTER CO., LTD. eBay and the eBay logo are registered trademarks of eBay Inc. Any other company or product names are registered trademarks or trademarks of those companies.