At A Glance
- 61 Piano-style keys
- 400 built-in tones
- 48 Maximum Polyphony
- AHL* sound source
All built-in tones, including piano and acoustic instrument tones, now sound better than ever before! 48-tone maximum polyphony provides plenty of margin to minimize the chance of notes being dropped when tones are layered and when playing with Auto Accompaniment.
* Acoustic & Highly-compressed Large-waveform
- Piano-style keyboard
An easy-to-play keyboard with an appearance resembling that of an acoustic piano.
- Touch Response
Touch Response let’s you add delicate nuances to notes by varying how much pressure you apply to keyboard keys.
- Digital effects
Use effects to add reverb for more depth and breadth in your music.
- Sampling function
You can sample a sound from a portable audio player or other device, and then play the sound on the keyboard. You also can use sampled sounds to compose music. The sampling feature is a great way to create new sounds that are highly creative.
Start playback of the portable audio player connected to the keyboard’s AUDIO IN jack to sample voices, musical phrases, and other sounds in the playback.
Play notes on the keyboard using the sampled sound!
If you sample the “Ting!” sound of a triangle, for example, you can then play notes with the sound on the keyboard. You even can add reverb, vibrato, and other effects to the sampled sound.
Incorporate a sampled sound into accompaniment patterns! You can sample a favorite musical phrase or drum sound, and use the same to replace some Auto Accompaniment drum sets.
- AUDIO IN jack
Connect a digital audio player, CD player, or other audio device and you can play along with music played through the keyboard’s speakers.
- Music Challenge
Test your response with an exercise that is just like playing a game!
Music Challenge tests your reaction speed by requiring you to press the keys indicated by the on-screen keyboard guide in time with the Auto Accompaniment tempo using the correct fingers indicated by the on-screen fingering guide.
- Step Up Lesson
To master a song, it is best to break it up into short phrases, master each of the phrases, and then put everything together. Step Up Lesson does exactly that, providing you with the support you need to improve your play.
- Performance Evaluation
Your lesson score appears on the display screen.
- Voice Fingering Guide
If the keyboard senses you are having problems, it will help you by calling out finger numbers in a simulated human voice.
- Lesson part select (right hand, left hand, both hands)
- Metronome feature for lesson support
- 110 Song Bank tunes including 20 Exercise phrases (Song Book provided*)
Built-in songs cover a wide range of genres for lesson play and for your listening enjoyment. Includes Exercise phrases!
* The Song Book does not include music for Exercise phrases. Due to copyright restrictions, some Song Bank tunes may not be included in the Song Book.
- A wide selection of tones (400 high-quality tones)
A wide selection of musical instrument tones supports play of songs from various genres.
- 150 rhythms and Auto Accompaniments for Latin music and other styles from around the world (150 rhythms including 55 ethnic rhythms and 20 patterns for piano play)
- Pitch bend wheel
Rotate the wheel to slide the pitch of the sound being output upwards or downwards. This effect comes in handy when reproducing the sound of ethnic instruments, etc.
- Musical Information Function (Large, Backlit LCD)
- Versatile expandability
- USB port for computer connection*
- General MIDI (GM Level 1) support allows connection with a computer or another GM-compatible device.
* Supported operating systems: Windows® XP Home Edition (SP2 or later), Windows® XP Professional (SP2 or later, 32-bit), Windows Vista® (32-bit), Windows® 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Mac OS® X (10.3.9, 10.4.11 or later, 10.5.8 or later, 10.6.7 or later)
For the latest news about driver and application support under Windows® 7, visit here.
- One Touch Preset (150 presets)
Casio continues the tradition of providing “class compliant” USB connectivity on Portable Keyboards. This allows Casio Portable Keyboards to be used with Mac or Windows computers without the need to download drivers. Class Compliant USB MIDI also allows Casio Portable Keybards to be used as a controller for the Apple iPad by using Apple’s Camera Connection Kit.