EX-Z4U features a CCD with 4 million effective pixels plus a high-performance 3X zoom lens and a built-in speaker for audio output. This model does not include the movie mode function.
- 3X optical zoom lens in a thin, card-size configuration
The new EX-Z4U packs a powerful 3X optical zoom lens into a stylishly thin card size package that measures a mere 3.43" wide, 2.24" high, and .93" thick (.78" at its thinnest point).
- High-resolution 4-megapixel imaging
The 4-megapixel CCD of the EX-Z4U adds new dimensions to flesh tones and the fine detail of scenery shots for images of exquisite beauty and definition.
- High-speed response
With a start up time of approximately 1.6 seconds (with flash turned off) and a 0.01 second release time lag*, the EX-Z4U is faster than ever. A new Pan Focus mode eliminates the need for focusing, which provides even faster response. Multi-Auto Focus automatically selects one of seven different focus point positions to ensure that images are always focused correctly, regardless of how the subjects are arranged.
*Time from when the shutter release button is fully depressed with the monitor screen and built-in flash turned off, and focus locked.
EXILIM ZOOM EX-Z4U FEATURES
- Built-in speaker for audio output
New audio snapshot and voice recorder capabilities have been added, and a 2-inch monitor screen and built-in speaker lets you enjoy playback of both images and audio. Sounds can be specified for start up, shutter release and other functions.
- Designed and engineered for ease of use
A low-power design has extended battery life to allow approximately 540 snapshots to be taken (continuous recording). Other functions include high-speed playback capabilities that let you scroll images at about 0.1 second per image, and a Best Shot mode that uses preinstalled sample scenes to help set up the camera's functions faster, and more.
- 3X optical zoom lens in a thin, card-size configuration.
- 4-million effective pixel CCD for high-resolution images with new noise reduction process for outstanding image quality, especially when shooting at night.
- Built-in speaker for playback of voice recordings and audio snapshots
- High speed startup has the camera ready to shoot about 1.6 seconds after power on (when built-in flash is turned off).
- A release time lag of only 0.01 second (monitor screen and flash off) means that an image starts to be recorded virtually as soon as you press the shutter release button.
- Pan Focus mode eliminates the need for focusing, for even faster response
- A seven point Multi-Auto Focus function automatically selects the optimum focus point
- High-speed playback scrolls at a speed of about 0.1 second per image, making image searches quicker and easier.
- Extended battery performance gives approximately 20% longer continuous recording time than the EX-Z3 (EX-Z4 allows approximately 90 minutes of continuous recording).
- Big new 2.0-inch digital interface TFT LCD scratch-resistant acrylic panel monitor screen
- A Best Shot Mode that provides access to 21 camera setups in an instant. Simply select the sample scene that is similar to the image you want to record, and the camera's exposure compensation, white balance, and other settings are configured automatically.
- Photo Stand feature lets you view a slideshow of images with the camera on its cradle.
- Full-month calendar screen shows a thumbnail of the first image recorded on each date.
- An alarm function sounds an alarm and displays a specified image at a preset time. A voice message can also be selected to play back at the alarm time.
- World Time lets you select one of 162 cities in 32 time zones around the world as your home time. When traveling to another time zone, simply select the applicable city, and time and date settings are adjusted automatically.
- Triple Self-timer records three consecutive images, so you can select and keep the best one.
- The camera stores images in a Web browser-viewable format that allows you to browse images in an on-screen album.
- 10MB of Flash memory comes built in, and a card slot supports use of an SD memory card or MMC (memory card not included).
- A Favorites folder lets you store your favorite or private images so they are not displayed during normal playback.
- Simply press the cradle's USB button for automatic transfer of images to a computer.
- Complies with ExifPrint (Exif 2.2) and PRINT Image Matching II.
- Complies with Epson USB DIRECT-PRINT, so you can print directly on a USB DIRECT-PRINT printer* without using a computer.
*For further information about "USB Direct-Print" compatible printers, please contact: Regional Epson Sales Companies