At A Glance
- New Voice Pad function
- New 48-note polyphony AHL sound source
- 400 Tones, 150 Rhythms
- New StepUp lesson system
- Sampling Function, Audio-in Terminal for mp3-Player
All built-in tones, including piano and acoustic instrument tones, now sound better than ever before! 48-tone maximum polyphony provides plenty of margin to minimize the chance of notes being dropped when tones are layered and when playing with Auto Accompaniment.
* Acoustic & Highly-compressed Large-waveform
An easy-to-play keyboard with an appearance resembling that of an acoustic piano.
Use effects to add reverb for more depth and breadth in your music.
Sample a sound and you can play it on the keyboard! You can create sound effects for a party or other events, or use sounds to compose music. The potential for fun is virtually unlimited!
* 5 sounds plus 3 drum sets (of up to 8 sounds each). 10-second maximum total sampling time.
Sample sound from an audio device plugged into the Audio In jack or from a microphone plugged into the microphone jack!
You can sample a favorite phrase from a track on a digital audio player, a drum sound, a person’s voice, the sound of a pet, or just about any other sound you want.
Play notes on the keyboard using the sampled sound!
If you sample the “Ting!” sound of a triangle, for example, you can then play notes with the sound on the keyboard. You even can add reverb, vibrato, and other effects to the sampled sound.
Incorporate a sampled sound into accompaniment patterns!
you can sample a favorite musical phrase or drum sound, and use the same to replace some Auto Accompaniment drum sets.
- Play sampled sounds or sampled sounds with sounds effects.
- A pad also can be used to play a preset percussion sound.
Connect a digital audio player, CD player, or other audio device and you can play along with music played through the keyboard’s speakers.
Test your response with an exercise that is just like playing a game!
Music Challenge tests your reaction speed by requiring you to press the keys indicated by the on-screen keyboard guide in time with the Auto Accompaniment tempo using the correct fingers indicated by the on-screen fingering guide.
Pieces are divided into short, easy-to-master phrases making it easy for just about anyone to learn to play. After you master a phrase you advance to the next one. With this new lesson function, you keep building up your collection of mastered phrases and soon you are able to play the entire song.
Example song: Annie Laurie
Your lesson score appears on the display screen.
If the keyboard senses you are having problems, it will help you by calling out finger numbers in a simulated human voice.
Built-in songs cover a wide range of genres for lesson play and for your listening enjoyment. Includes Exercise phrases!
* The Song Book does not include music for Exercise phrases. Due to copyright restrictions, some Song Bank tunes may not be included in the Song Book.
A wide selection of musical instrument tones supports play of songs from various genres.
An advanced Auto Accompaniment feature provides you with access to a large collection of ethnic rhythms from around the world, with a special emphasis on Latin rhythms. In addition to Bossa Nova, Samba, and other basic rhythms, you also get Cumbia, Reggaeton, Calypso, and more!
A wealth of information is displayed to support your keyboard play.
- USB port for computer connection*
- General MIDI (GM Level 1) support allows connection with a computer or another GM-compatible device.
* Supported operating systems: Windows® XP Home Edition (SP2 or later), Windows® XP Professional (SP2 or later, 32-bit ), Windows Vista® (32-bit), Windows® 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Mac OS® X (10.3.9, 10.4.11 or later, 10.5.6 or later,10.6.2 or later)
For the latest news about driver and application support under Windows® 7, visit here.
One Touch Preset automatically sets up the keyboard to match the currently selected rhythm.USB MIDI
Casio continues the tradition of providing “class compliant” USB connectivity on Portable Keyboards. This allows Casio Portable Keyboards to be used with Mac or Windows computers without the need to download drivers. Class Compliant USB MIDI also allows Casio Portable Keybards to be used as a controller for the Apple iPad by using Apple’s Camera Connection Kit.