FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
CASIO TO RELEASE HELLO KITTY COLLABORATION BABY-G WATCH
DOVER, NJ, December 8, 2016 - Casio Computer Co., Ltd. announced today the release of the latest addition to the BABY-G line of shock-resistant watches for women, based on the concept of Tough and Cool. The BA-120KT watch is a collaboration model with Hello Kitty, the iconic character with a worldwide following.
The new BA-120KT is based on the popular BA-120 Series, known for its multiple color variations. The collaboration model features styling inspired by the graffiti art that first rose to popularity in the 1970s, when Hello Kitty was created.
The dial and band are patterned with graffiti Baby-G and Hello Kitty tags, and the character’s distinctive ribbon is printed on the dial. The hour and minute hands feature red highlights that are the same color as the ribbon, further enhancing the Hello Kitty theme.
To commemorate the collaboration model, the back is engraved with an originally designed Hello Kitty image with a clock “face.” The exclusive packaging includes a special card featuring the originally designed Hello Kitty image, adding to the exclusivity of the watch.
The watch will be available at Macy’s and select department stores and select fashion apparel stores with an MRSP of $150. For more information about these women’s digital watches, visit www.baby-g.com.
- Construction: Shock-resistant
- Water Resistance: 100 meters
- World Time: 29 time zones (27 cities + coordinated universal time), daylight saving on/off, city code display
- Stopwatch: 1/100-second stopwatch; measuring capacity: 59'59.99"; measuring modes: elapsed time, split time, 1st and 2nd place times
- Countdown Timer: Measuring unit: 1 second; countdown range: 60 minutes; countdown start time setting range: 1 to 60 minutes (1-minute increments); auto-repeat; progress beeper
- Alarm: 5 daily alarms (with 1 snooze alarm); hourly time signal
- Other functions: Full auto-calendar (to year 2039); 12/24-hour format; LED light
- Accuracy at Normal Temperature: ±30 seconds per month
- Battery Life: Approx. 2 years on SR726W×2
- Size of case: 46.3×43.4×15.8mm
- Total Weight: Approx. 47g
Casio’s female timepiece brand, BABY-G, was created as a counterpart to its “big brother” G-SHOCK in 1994. The brand exemplifies the meeting of fashion and function for the vibrant, active woman with watches that are stylish, bold, tough and chic. Equipped with the same great functionality that G-SHOCK is known for, BABY-G timepieces are shock and water resistant with multiple daily alarms and stopwatch functions. The brand has partnered with some of the hottest names in music, fashion and pop culture on standout watch collaborations including Ke$ha, Rebecca Minkoff, Joyrich and Married To The Mob. For additional information on Casio’s BABY-G line of timepieces, please visit www.baby-g.com.
About Casio America, Inc.
Casio America, Inc., Dover, N.J., is the U.S. subsidiary of Casio Computer Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of consumer electronics and business equipments solutions, established in 1957. Casio America, Inc. markets calculators, keyboards, digital cameras, mobile presentation devices, disc title and label printers, watches, cash registers and other consumer electronic products. Casio has strived to realize its corporate creed of “creativity and contribution” through the introduction of innovative and imaginative products. For more information visit our website at www.casiousa.com.