FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
CASIO TO RELEASE PRO TREK WITH QUAD SENSOR AND SMARTPHONE LINK FUNCTIONS
Useful Data Measured by Sensor and Stored on App to Support Outdoor Activities
- Route Log: The app automatically records altitude data from the watch and GPS data from the smartphone. Users can also manually acquire altitude data at any point and plot that point on the route.
- Calories burned: The app can display the calories burned as calculated based on step count and altitude data, saving it as an activity log.
- Location indicator: Users can operate the watch buttons to save their current location in the app. In this mode, the compass bearing of the saved location point is indicated by the second hand of the watch and the distance is indicated on the LCD.
- Customizable mode/display: Using the app, users can turn the watch modes on or off and change the sequence in which the modes appear on the display. This allows users to customize the display for their intended use - for instance, showing only certain functions or changing the sequence to show frequently used functions first. The default content on the LCD can also be customized.
- Automatic altitude adjustment (four times per day): Altitude measurement values on the watch are automatically adjusted based on altitude data acquired from the smartphone GPS.
- Automatic time adjustment (four times per day): The watch connects to the app to automatically download global time updates such as time zone changes and Daylight Saving Time (DST) data by country. The time rules are stored on the watch to automatically adjust the time based on the latest data.
- Mobile phone finder: By operating the watch, users can trigger an audible alert on the mobile phone even if it is set to silent mode. This helps in locating the phone is misplaced. Additional features include world time (39 cities + UTC), water resistance up to 100 meters, a full auto LED light, 1/100th second stopwatch, countdown timer, full auto calendar and more. The PRT-B50 series boasts a wide watch face that incorporates a large, rotating bezel and Arabic numeral indices. Ideal for the great outdoors, the new models are designed with a 3D textured urethane band and a strap keeper to keep the watch in place. Casio’s PRO TREK PRT-B50-1 (Black), PRT-B50-2 (Blue) and PRT-B50-5 (Orange) will be available this fall for a MSRP of $200 at select retailers nationwide. For additional information on Casio’s PRO TREK collection of timepieces, please visit www.PROTREK.Casio.com. *The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Casio Computer Co., Ltd. is under license Additional features and Design Designed for the active outdoorsman, the WSD-F21HR boasts water resistance up to 50 meters and environmental durability built to military specifications. It features a bold, durable front bezel and a soft urethane band with a double pin buckle to ensure a comfortable fit, as well as Casio’s signature dual-layer display. The WSD-F21HR (MSRP: $499) will be available in black and red at select jewelry and watch retailers nationwide. For more information on Casio’s WSD-F21HR and full PRO TREK collection of timepieces, please visit https://wsd.casio.com and https://protrek.casio.com. About PRO TREK Smart
Casio’s PRO TREK Smart line of watches is geared for outdoor enthusiasts. Powered by Wear OS by Google, these timepieces are equipped with a variety of features ideal for outdoor adventures including GPS, Location Memory, Moment Setter, and more. These timepieces also boast Casio’s Triple Sensor technology, in addition to a dual-layer LCD and water resistance. Casio’s PRO TREK Smart line offers rugged, stylish and versatile timepieces with features that enhance any outdoor experience. For additional information on Casio’s PRO TREK Smart line of timepieces, please visit:http://wsd.casio.com/us/en/ About Casio America, Inc.
Casio America, Inc., Dover, N.J., is the U.S. subsidiary of Casio Computer Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of consumer electronics and business equipment solutions. Established in 1957, Casio America, Inc. markets calculators, keyboards, digital cameras, mobile presentation devices, disc title and label printers, watches, cash registers and other consumer electronic products. Casio has strived to fulfill its corporate creed of “creativity and contribution" through the introduction of innovative and imaginative products. For more information, visit casio.com/home.