How We Collect Personal Data
7. We may collect Personal Data from our customers, business partners, contractors, employees and other individuals such as job applicants. We would only collect, use and disclose data that (a) has been provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your Personal Data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your Personal Data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of Personal Data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other applicable laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional Personal Data and before using your Personal Data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
8. The Personal Data may be furnished to us in forms filled out by you, face to face meetings, email messages, or telephone conversations. We may also keep a record of any contact you have with us. The Personal Data would be collected only for business purposes or for the purpose(s) stated by us when we gather the Personal Data from you.
9. Generally, Casio Singapore may collect Personal Data in various ways including:
(a) in the course of your purchasing our products or services, or your providing documentation or information to us;
(b) You participate in our promotions, lucky draws, initiatives or any request for additional Personal Data such as customer surveys;
(c) when you use or subscribe to any of our online services or communication platforms (including electronic publications, mailing lists, updates, alerts, announcements);
(d) when you communicate or interact with us via telephone, letters, fax, face-to-face meetings, our websites, email or other modes of contact;
(e) CCTV recordings while you are within our premises;
(f) when you attend an event or activity organised by us;
(g) when you submit an employment application or provide documents or information such as your resume, from recruitment agencies and employment references;
(h) from public information sources, search services and other third parties; and "cookies" connected with Personal Data.
10. If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party, by submitting such Personal Data to us, you also represent to us and must ensure that you have notified the third party of the terms of this Policy and obtained his consent.
11. We may collect, disclose or use your Personal Data without your consent pursuant to an exception under the PDPA or any other written law such as during the following situations:
(a) To respond to an emergency that threatens your life, health and safety or of another individual; and
(b) Necessary in the national interest, for any investigation or proceedings.
12. You have the right of choice regarding the collection, usage and/or disclosure of your Personal Data. If you choose not to provide us with the Personal Data described in this Policy, we may not be able to perform our obligations as stated in this Policy due to such non-provision of the Personal Data. You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data and withdraw your consent in the same manner described in paragraph 21 below.
13. If you choose not to provide us with your Personal Data for the purposes listed in paragraphs 17 and 19, you may submit a request to do so in writing or via email to us or our personal data protection officer (“Data Protection Officer”) at the contact details provided below or indicate in the Personal Data collection form submitted to us (if any). By choosing not to provide us with your Personal Data, depending on our relationship, we may not be able to provide services to you or process your job application due to such non-provision of the Personal Data. Depending on the complexity of the request and its impact to our relationship with you, we will not collect or, within 30 days of our receipt of your request, cease using and/or disclosing your Personal Data in accordance with your request.
14. The purposes listed in paragraph 17 may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
15. In the case where we receive unsolicited Personal Data via email or any other communication channels, the unsolicited Personal Data will not be retained and will be securely disposed of immediately.