Last updated: August 3rd, 2021
Article 1 (Definitions)
(1) "User(s)" refers to any person who accesses to the Site, or uses the Site and/or the Services.
(2) "Member(s)" refers to the Users who registered his/her personal information with “CASIO ID”, which is an integrated account to use the digital products, applications, software and service provided by CASIO and its affiliate companies, and use the Services through CASIO ID.
(3) "Contents" refers to information transmitted or posted on the Internet, such as text, photographs, music, video, images, designs, and other digital data or a combination thereof.
(4) "CASIO ID Services" refers to services provided by CASIO, CASIO’s subsidiaries, or third parties affiliated with CASIO, such as Members-only pages available after personal authentication with CASIO ID on the Site, websites for Members which are commonly available using CASIO ID, and campaign sites, etc.
(5) "Member Information" refers to personal information, service usage status, and other information related to the Members, which registered by Members with CASIO ID or provided to CASIO through the websites for Members.
(6) “Shopping Services” refers to any products, applications, software and services available as the Services that allow users to acquire digital products from a local sales company in the country or region of User‘s residence, Casio Singapore Pte Ltd., (hereinafter referred to as “Sales Agent”), free of charge or against payment.
Article 3 (Changes of the Services)
1. CASIO may, at any time and at its sole discretion, add, alter, modify or otherwise change in whole or in part, the Services by notifying Users of the changes by posting on the Services, the Site or the website designated for the Services, or by any other method which is considered appropriate by CASIO.
2. CASIO may suspend or discontinue whole or part of the Services without prior notice to Users:
(1) when performing maintenance due to failure or malfunction of facilities for the Services or other reasons;
(2) when it is unavoidable for operational or technical reasons;
(3) in the event of a natural disaster or other force majeure;
(4) In the event of a court order or mandatory disposition based on laws and regulations; and
(5) when it is considered necessary by CASIO.
3. In no event CASIO shall be liable for any damages or losses incurred by the Users in connection with said suspension, discontinuation, alteration, modification or any other change of the Service.
Article 4 (Usage Fees)
Use of the Site is free of charge. However, the Users shall, at his or her own responsibility and expense, prepare the communication equipment, software, telephone usage contract, Internet connection contract necessary to use the Site, and shall bear the communication and connection fees for use of the Site.
Article 5 (Shopping Services)
1. The Site may offer access to Shopping Services. Users can use the Shopping Services to purchase products or services (including digital products and online services) by Sales Agent.
2. All sales through the Shopping Services are made by Sales Agent and Sales Agent is the seller. Services are subject to terms and conditions provided by the respective Sales Agent to users.
3. The delivery of the products and other items purchased through the Shopping Services shall be limited to Singapore.
4. The colors, textures, sizes of the products in images and illustrations posted on the Site may differ slightly from the actual products due to screen settings or photographic techniques.
Article 6 (Payment Method)
Sales Agent offer various payment methods, subject to availability in the country or region of User‘s residence. Users shall pay any applicable taxes and the prescribed shipping charges in addition to the price of the products. Any other fees or costs to be borne by the User will be indicated on the Site as appropriate.
Article 7 (Return and Exchange of Products)
The method of request for the return or exchange of the products, the responsibility for shipping charges (including cases of damage during delivery, defects in the products and misdelivery), and other conditions for the return or exchange of the products will be separately set forth by CASIO or the Sales Agent, and the User shall comply with such conditions.
Article 8 (CASIO ID Services)
3. CASIO will provide Members, in accordance with the provisions of the “CASIO ID Terms of Service”, with the Members-only page which allows Members to refer to the Member Information, as well as to set and check the status of purchases, usage history, and delivery. CASIO will also provide the Members with information on special offers (such as questionnaires, monitor campaigns and gifts), mail magazines, advertisements and other information.
4. Members may terminate the use of the CASIO ID Services at any time in accordance with the procedures set forth in the “CASIO ID Terms of Service”.
Article 9 (Restrictions)
Users shall not:
(1) use the Site or the Services for resale, commercial purposes, or any other improper purpose;
(2) interfere or obstruct the operation of the Site or the Services in any way, such as unauthorized access to the servers or other computers of CASIO, or use or provision of harmful programs such as computer viruses;
(3) use the Site or the Services by impersonating another user, or allow third parties to use the Site or Services by using his/her CASIO ID;
(4) damage any rights or property such as copyrights, portrait rights, moral rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, property rights, or other rights of other Users, third parties or CASIO through the use of the Site or the Services;
(5) cause trouble, disadvantage, or damage to other Users, third parties or CASIO through the use of the Site or the Services;
(6) discriminate, slander, defame or otherwise damage the good name, reputation or goodwill of other Users, third parties or CASIO through the use of the Site or the Services;
(7) commit any act which offend public order or good morals, or violate the law or regulation through the use of the Site or the Services; and
(8) commit any act which is considered inappropriate by CASIO.
Article 10 (Intellectual Property Rights)
1. The copyrights and other intellectual property rights with respect to the Contents provided on the Site or the Services shall remain the property of CASIO and/or other legitimate right holders such as the Contents providers.
3. CASIO may terminate permission for the use of the Contents described in this Article 10 when it contains portraits, copyrights or trademarks owned by third parties, or it is considered inappropriate by CASIO. In addition, when duplicating, reproducing, publicly transmitting, or making publicly transmittable the Contents with the permission of CASIO, the User shall display the copyright notice specified by CASIO. The intellectual property rights of comments, images, videos, illustrations, and other information posted and published on the Site by Users through the Services (hereinafter referred to as "Posted Information") shall remain the property of such Users.
4. Users hereby grant CASIO the license (including but not limited to the sublicense to third parties) to reproduce, modify, publicly transmit, and otherwise use the Posted Information without any restrictions and without requiring payment of compensation to the extent necessary for CASIO to operate the Services. In this case, the Users shall not exercise the moral rights of the author.
Article 11 (Operating Environment)
1. Depending on the browser software, operating system version or system settings used, the Site may be inaccessible or may not function or display correctly.
Article 12 (Handling of Personal Information)
Article 13 (Subcontract)
Article 14 (Responsibility of Users)
1. The use of third party websites referred to by URL links on the Site and third party services that are linked to the Site and the Services, such as SNS posting functions, shall to be used and managed at the User's own risk. CASIO shall not endorse nor make warranty of any kind with respect to the contents, posted information, software, other products or services, or the results obtained from such third party websites or services, and shall not be liable for any damages resulting from them.
2. In the event that the User cause damage to a third party or a third party makes a claim against the User due to reasons attributable to such User in connection with the use of the Services or the Site, the user shall handle and resolve the matter at the User's own responsibility and expense. The same shall apply in the event that the Users suffer damage from a third party or make a claim against a third party due to the use of this Services or the Site.
Article 15 (Link)
1. Users are free to link to the Site, provided that the User comply with the Terms and Use. However, links from websites with (i) content that slanders CASIO, CASIO’s employees, products, or services, (ii) obscene content or are offensive to public order and morals, and/or (iii) illegal content, are prohibited.
2. The information and URLs on the Site are subject to change or deletion without notice. CASIO shall not be liable for any damages resulting from the posting of links to the Site.
Article 16 (Disclaimer)
1. THE SERVICES IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND CASIO EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF OR RELATED TO USEFULNESS, RELIABILITY, ACCURACY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE AND THE SERVICES.
2. IN NO EVENT SHALL CASIO BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, HOWEVER CAUSED AND REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY, TO THE USERS OR ANY THIRD PARTY, ARISING OUT OF, RELATED TO, OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE AND THE SERVICES EVEN IF CASIO HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND WHETHER OR NOT SUCH DAMAGES ARE FORESEEABLE.
Article 17 (Notification to Users)
Article 18 (Termination of the Service)
1. CASIO may discontinue the Services at its sole discretion by notifying the Users in advance by posting on this Site or CASIO's designated website or by any other method considered appropriate by CASIO.
Article 19 (Non-Assignment)
Article 20 (Governing Law and Jurisdiction)
Article 22 (Language)
- END -
◆ Links to the Site
1. When making links to the Site, please be sure to clearly indicate that the link is to the CASIO's website, and do not display any information that may cause misunderstanding that there is a special relationship between CASIO and the products, services, companies on the linked website. CASIO may request the deletion of the link if CASIO determines that the reliability of the information disclosed by CASIO may be impaired.
2. When linking from a website that uses frames, always specify the TARGET option.
3. When displaying CASIO’s company name, please use one of the following: "Casio Computer Co. Ltd. ”, “Casio Computer”, or “CASIO”.
◆ Export Control
When exporting products or other items sold or offered on the Site, please comply with the Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Act of Japan, the U.S. Export Administration Act, and other applicable laws and regulations.
◆ Web Accessibility Policy
For information on the CASIO web accessibility policy, refer to the Web Accessibility Policy page.